The original Lau Yee Chi was built in the 1930's in Waikiki, with all of the original woodwork being handcarved in China. The 1950's saw the end of the restuarant to make way for a hotel. Now, 80 plus years later, Jamie was entrusted with all the original carvings and furnishings to remake a Lau Yee Chi for today. Recycling at its best. Jamie and artist, Chris Reiner used all the original carvings to make new chandeliers, walls and furnishings.